visa, green card, citizenship

Contact Us

K1 FiancÚ Visas

The K-1 fiancÚ visa allows a foreign fiancÚ to enter the United States in order to marry their U.S. fiancÚ that sponsored them for the visa within 90 days of arrival. After the alien has married the U.S. citizen, the U.S. sponsor's spouse may change status to become a legal permanent resident .

To be eligible for the K-1 fiancé visa:

  • The U.S. sponsor and their fiancÚ must both be legally able to marry according to the laws in the state in which the marriage is to take place
  • You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancÚ entering the USA
  • The U.S. citizen and their fiancÚ must have met within the past 2 years of filing the petition for the K-1 fiancé visa. Exceptions to this rule exist if there is evidence of extreme hardship preventing you from marrying within the 2 year period

In addition, children under 21 of a K-1 applicant, may qualify for a K-2 visa. The child must apply for the K-2 visa within one year of the primary K-1 applicant.

The process begins with the U.S. Citizen filing a petition with USCIS. Once approved, your fiancÚ will apply for his or her K-1 visa at a U.S. Consulate abroad. You must then marry within 90 days of your fiancÚ's entry into the U.S. After getting married, your spouse can apply for a green card.

B1/B2 Visitors Visas K1 Fiancé Visas USA Permanent Residence and Green Cards Naturalization and Citizenship Disclaimer Home Contact Us

Have Any Questions? Email

(c) 2019 World Wide Status, All Rights Reserved